2013 Affordable Housing Conference Event Information
NEW: County Executive John Lovick to Address Conference
We are pleased and excited to welcome new Snohomish County Executive John Lovick in one of his first public appearances since his widely heralded appointment on June 3. Executive Lovick will kick off the conference with some opening remarks about the critical role that affordable housing plays in our community.
New Speaker: Ms. Dona Anderson, Director, Institute for Children, Poverty and Homelessness
We are pleased and excited to announce the addition of Ms. Dona Anderson as our morning session speaker. Ms. Anderson is the Director of the Institute for Children, Poverty and Homelessness in New York City. ICPH recently released a study titled, "Rapidly Rehousing Homeless Families: New York City - a Case Study." Based on that and other research, Ms. Anderson will be presenting Rapid Rehousing - One Size Fits All?
Conference Schedule8:00 - Check in and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - Welcome, Ray Stephnanson, Mayor, City of Everett
- Opening Remarks, John Lovick, Snohomish County Executive
8:40 - Dona Anderson, Institute for Children, Poverty and Homelessness9:20 - Breakout Sessions
- Housing Alternatives for the 21st Century, Scott Schaffer, Common
- Trauma Informed Care, Courtney Miller, YWCA
- Housing & the Growth Management Act: 2015 Comprehensive Plan Updates, Michael Zelinsky, Principal Planner, Snohomish County
10:30 - Breakout Sessions
- Affordable Housing Finance 101, Paul Purcell, Beacon
- Development Group
- The HEARTH Act & Coordinated Entry, Jackie Anderson, Community & Homeless Services, Snohomish County
- Interjurisdictional Housing Committee: A resource for Snohomish County Cities, Brian Sullivan, Councilmember, Snohomish County Council; Karen Guzak, Mayor, City of Snohomish; and Becky Ableman, Planning Director, City of Lake Stevens
11:30 - Breakout Sessions
- Seattle, Bellingham.... Snohomish County? A Look at Housing Levies, Michael Anderson, Center for Community Change
- Investing in Families Snohomish County, Mary Jane Brell Vujovic, Housing Division Manager, Snohomish County
- Affordable Housing & Transit Oriented Development, Sara Schott Nikolic, Senior Planner & Tim Parham, Senior Housing Planner, Puget Sound Regional Council
12:30 - Lunch Session
- Ron Sims, former King County Executive and Deputy Secretary of the US Department of Housing & Urban Development
2:00 - Conference End
The mission of the Housing Consortium of Everett and Snohomish County is to provide strategic leadership in crafting policy and program solutions to affordable housing challenges in Snohomish County.
We are a coalition of organizations and individuals concerned about affordable housing in Snohomish County. We center our work around the themes of education, advocacy and resources.
Our vision for the future is that Snohomish County leaders and residents collaborate to provide safe, secure, affordable housing opportunities for all members of our community, regardless of their economic situation.
The Housing Consortium of Everett and Snohomish County is working to implement Housing Within Reach: A Call to Action for Snohomish County Communities, a ten year plan to more than double the amount of affordable housing in our community. Housing Within Reach describes strategies and outlines actions that will provide incentives, increase available funding and develop the capacity for developing affordable housing in Snohomish County.